A number of reasons I feel that lead that may have led to this new interest :
- More time to search the web to discover possible outings
- A greater urge to "be a family" and get out and do things together
- A feeling of security to step out of my comfort zone and attend events that I otherwise would be hesitant about - the baby was a great reason to do these things.
- An urge to get out and show off my new addition
- To increase my social life in any way possible since it has now changed dramatically because of baby.
I have discovered that there are plenty of things to do in the city and surrounding areas and all you have to do is look for them. We've had great days visiting museums, flea markets, parks, and just going to different places to take walks. I am also excited to realize how much I look forward to going to these places and how much I enjoy myself when I get there. Even on days when we've had a rough night and we are very tired in the morning we still have more fun than we would if we stayed home. I can't wait to find other events, and for my son to appreciate them more as he gets older.
- Explore. There are plenty of hidden events and activities happening in your area that you never imagined. Just ask around, do an internet search or subscribe to local websites/blogs to keep you updated.
- Just go! Don't hesitate or allow insecurities from your typical day get in the way. You'll all enjoy it if you just get out and go!
- List. Think of all the reasons why you would like to go to a new place and then list the things you would like to do - and then just go!
- Have fun! These events are great for your family to experience new things and enjoy each other.