Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

It is the eve of Mother's day, my second officially, but the first one that I have my wits about me. Last year my son was just two weeks old, and things were chaotic in my home and my life. Now we have reached a more calm atmosphere, not totally calm, just more calm - we do have a one year old living here after all!

These past few weeks we have seen so many changes as his personality emerges. He is a feisty little fella that has learned much to my surprise even at this young age how to manipulate a situation. He has a fake cry and loves to perform for visitors, he is happy to empty toys all over the floor and stack blocks, he loves to jump and laugh - he is his own little person. The development he is making is remarkable, now he claps and cheers on demand, he has learned to play peek a boo by raising a blanket over his face and is smart enough when we pretend we can't find him to be quiet and giggle uncontrollably when we finally "discover" him.  All that said, he has decided to change his bedtime around and his night wakings have started again, so bye bye sleep and free time in the evenings. I can't wait for that to be sorted out again. It's a good thing he's cute.

Being a mom really is the best job on earth. Don't know how else to explain it, or what to say to really express just how happy I am that tomorrow will have significance for me personally once again.

Happy Mother's Day to all the new mommies, to those that are seasoned, those that aspire to be and those that are gran mommies! Have a great day!!

No comments: